Tuesday, June 28, 2016

New web site...

After 9 years of blogging here, I have a new place for blogging. Along with a new web site.. WoodSkills , a new blog is now integrated into this new site.  The new site and blog will allow my readers to view my blog directly at the web site. I've had to replace the existing WoodSkills web site with a new, up to date one mostly due to new web site conventions and standards. I also decided to continue blogging here at The Refined Edge for the next while.

With the advent of mobile phones and tablets, it became critical to have a web site which rendered well on the different devices. The Internet was the wild west many years ago, web sites would render well on one browser and fail miserably on others. Today, technology has evolved to where modern web sites need to render not only on the desktop but also on mobile devices and tablets.

Other news. I have had to undergo some major surgery recently and am currently on the mend. The post-surgery recovery period limits what I can do, so not much in the way of physical activity for a few weeks. I am planning to get back into the shop later this summer, (mid-August). At this time, activities such as hand-planing are restricted as well as lifting objects. So this effectively rules out woodworking for a few weeks :( This is me on the day of discharge from the hospital. I'm up and about now and improving every day.



Please visit the new WoodSkills site for new blog posts and other information, offerings.

3 comments:

Paul Bouchard said...

Best wishes and I hope you mend quick. All the best.

Valley Woodworker said...

Here is to a prompt and full recovery
Take care

Bob

Edwin said...

It is true. In this digital age, those of us practicing the old arts like wood working are forced to start picking up a key board and mouse in addition to our chisels and hammers. Good luck on your recovery process, maybe some light whittling can help the time pass? Cheers!

Edwin @ Clicks In Motion